While shopping last night I saw a wide variety of biscotti and I couldn’t get them out of my mind so I decided to make my own this morning. I chose the pumpkin spice flavour for a few reasons: I love it, it’s still the Fall season and American Thanksgiving is next week. All of those are valid reasons to bake pumpkin everything! I then drizzled some white chocolate because why the hell not!
A delicious and crunchy pumpkin biscotto drizzled with white chocolate with your afternoon tea will certainly help you get over today’s hump!
- 1/2 cup of canola oil or other flavourless oil such as coconut)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cup of all-purposed flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds
- White chocolate of choice to drizzle
- Line parchment paper on a cookie pan and preheat oven at 375°F
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves then put aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, oil, brown and cane sugar and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and blend.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and blend again.
- Divide dough into 2 and roll into logs about 1/2 inch thick and transfer to the prepared cookie pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes then cool on rack.
- Once the logs have cooled, slice and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown. (I like mine thinly sliced but they are usually thick)
- Cool down on a rack.
- In a small microwavable bowl melt the white chocolate then drizzle over the biscotti