Saturday was a grim day full of rain so I was inspired to bake and I had chosen to bake delicious mini pumpkin pies. The recipe made 2 dozens but I was left with a bit more pie filling so I had to get creative to finish it. I ended up carving out the middle of 3 big McIntosh apples and stuffing them with the pumpkin pie filling. The result was delightfully unexpected. The aroma was quite pleasant on top of tasting fantastic.
- Pumpkin pie filling (canned or prepared from pumpkin purée)
- Big McIntosh apples or your favourite apples (I like the tart flavour of the McIntosh apple)
- If the apples do not stand on their own, shave off a piece at the bottom
- Carve the core each apple
- Add pumpkin pie filling in the middle of the carved out apple core
- Put the apples in a pie plate and bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes
- Let the apples cool before eating