A quick breakfast doesn’t have to be an unhealthy one and a healthy breakfast doesn’t have to be boring! There are 3 things I keep in the fridge at all times and that’s milk, eggs and bread. Milk because I’m addicted to coffee and eggs and bread because a fried egg sandwich is deliciously quick and nutritious.
Yesterday I had lunch by the river with a friend. We first went to the grocery store and got artichoke and asiago dip and a baguette which makes for a cheap lunch. It was delicious but also very filling so I had extra this morning. I decided it would make a fine breakfast!
- Multigrain baguette
- Spices of choice
- 1 large egg
- Desired fruit
- 1/4 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of Artichoke and asiago dip
- Cook your egg the way that you prefer it. I cooked mine sunny side up because I’m horrible at flipping it.
- Add some spices to your egg. I added Italian Spices and cracked pepper. I like a lot spices.
- While your egg is cooking, cut a piece of your baguette big enough to lay the egg on top and toast it to your liking.
- Prepare your fruit. I chose a pear.
- When the egg is cooked, lay it on top of the toasted piece of baguette.
- Drizzle olive oil over egg and bread. Or skip this step, I personally need the fat.
- Add a tbsp of the dip on the side and serve.