The mango fruit is my new favourite fruit. It’s deliciously refreshing and has a unique tropical flavour. Its scent is powerful and exotic and its flesh is packed with fiber and all kinds of vitamins! I could eat many in one sitting!
I recently tried the mango pineapple smoothie from Tim Hortons and thought that, as much as it was tasty, I could spend less by making something similar at home. It would also be a bit healthier since I’d be using fresh fruits and protein powder.
I used simple ingredients such as a fresh mango, juice, vanilla protein powder, ice and plain Greek Yogurt and the result was fantastic. I am very satisfied with this creamy mango smoothie and I hope you will too. I love how easy it is to make for breakfast and even for a quick boost at the end of a work day before my yoga.
1 Ripe Mango
- 1/3 cup Del Monte Tropical Pineapple Mango and Jackfruit Juice
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 3 ice cubes
- 3/4 cups of plain Greek Yogurt. (I chose Liberté because it’s not as thick as other kinds of Greek Yogurt I have tried so far)
- Peel and pit 1 ripe mango and cut into pieces. Purée the mango with the juice until smooth. (I used a Magic Bullet)
- Add the protein powder and blend well.
- Blend the ice cubes until all the ice is crushed.
- Add the Greek Yogurt and blend.
- Serve over desired amount of ice cubes.
It’s so simple yet refreshing and delicious!