Although a lot of people I know rave about PC’s: The Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies, I am just not that big of a fan. Of course if you hand me the box I will eat the whole thing but that is besides the point. I love chewy chocolate chip cookies and The Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies are just not it. Great taste but a bit hard to chew on in my humble opinion. I saw a new soft-baked version over the weekend which I got excited for until my SO mentioned that it would be cutting into my donuts fund and I put the box back on the shelf. I love donuts a lot more than cookies and I can also bake cookies better than I can bake donuts.
I’ve been craving chocolate chip cookies lately and the cupped one was just not cutting it. Monday night, I made a real batch of cookies and I’ve been stuffing my face ever since! Yes, my stomach hurts today but I regret nothing!
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2/3 of browned butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of pure honey
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
- Brown your butter while mixing the sugar, eggs, honey and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix the browned butter to the sugar mixture until well blended.
- Combine the dry mix to the wet mix.
- Add the chocolate chip and mix until well blended.
- Add a tablespoon of the batter on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 or until golden at 350°F.
- As soon as the cookies are out o the oven, sprinkle sea salt on the top.
- Let stand until cool before transferring or eating.