A brownie in a cup for the [lazy] brownie lovers. (Don’t worry, I fit that category too!) Sometimes I crave chocolate like a mad woman. My schedule got very busy in the past month but my craving didn’t calm down so I needed to find ways to make quick and easy treats. I am in love with cupped desserts! This brownie is so scrumptious, my eyes widened with chocolate shock when I tasted my creation. What I love about this brownie is that you can then put it into a container and bring it somewhere. No joke, it’s delicious even when cooled and even I was surprised about that. Brownie for one in under 5 minutes? YES, YES AND MORE YES! Eat with caution, this may get a bit addictive. I will not be responsible for flying buttons and lost eyes! Happy baking!
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- A pinch of table salt
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp of chopped semi sweet baker’s chocolate or 1/4 tbsp of chocolate chips
Optional additions to make it even better:
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Different chocolate chip flavours
- 1 tsp of chopped nuts
- 1 tsp of shredded coconuts
- Chocolate syrup on top after cooked
- A side of ice cream
- In a mug, microwave the butter until fully melted.
- Whisk together the milk, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add the egg yolk and whisk well.
- Add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and whisk well.
- Add the 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and whisk well.
- Add the sugar, whisk well.
- Add the flour and the baking powder, whisk well. (If you are adding spices, add it here)
- Add the baker’s chocolate/chocolate chip and blend. (If you are adding chopped nuts or coconuts, add it here)
- Microwave for 60 to 80 seconds.
- Eat, enjoy and try not to die of chocolate overdose.
EDIT: I tried it with coffee flavoured Hershey’s chipits and cinnamon and it was SO delicious!