- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purposed flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups of sliced, peeled pears & peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds or pumpkin seeds
In a large bowl stir together sugar, 4 teaspoons of flour, and nutmeg.
Add peaches, pears and lemon juice; toss gently until coated.
Stir mixture into pie plate (see bottom for crust recipe) leaving a 2-inch border.
Fold border up over pears & peaches.
Sprinkle almonds or pumpkin seeds in the middle.
Lightly brush sides of the crust with milk
Time: 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly
- 1 1/4 cups all-purposed flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt.
Add pieces of shortening and tablespoons of water until mixture turns into dough.
Roll dough into circle and gently place into pie/tart plate