For this recipe you will need:
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cups (150 ml) condensed milk
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped nuts (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter (wait until half melted), sugar, condensed milk and salt on medium heat.
- Bring to a broil and do not stop stirring.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture has reached a thick consistency.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla and chopped nuts (if desired) and blend.
- Pour mixture into 8-inch square baking pan lined with waxed paper (easier to remove the fudge once done).
- Chill until set (about 1h) in refrigerator.
- Store away in a sealed container, preferably somewhere cool. – Sits really well in your tum tum too 😀
Tips: If you’re not too fond of the semi-sweet chocolate chips, there are many options available. I used Milk Chocolate chips and the fudge turned out really good. In the future, I’d like to try chocolate mint and butterscotch. Be creative with the chocolate – just make sure it comes in little bits as it has to melt quickly. ENJOY!
Warning: If given to kids, make sure they are in an open space where they can run their little hearts out.